Is someone you love having a baby soon? There’s no better way to welcome the new member of the family than with a gift box that shows how much you care. Boxes are easy to put together and don’t have to carry expensive items to wow your recipient. A thoughtful collection of small trinkets and useful, inexpensive objects can go a long way! Here’s an idea for an easy box you can put together for a relative or friend who is having a baby soon. This particular baby was number two for this family, so the gift included items for the (now) older sister.
Here’s an idea for an easy box you can put together for a relative or friend who is having a baby soon. Play around and replace any of the objects below with products that are accessible to you, or that you feel would suit the family best. This particular baby was number two for this family, so the gift included items for the (now) big sister.
You will need:
- One or two simple shipping boxes, depending on whether you want to create a single package for the whole family or separate smaller packages for each member.
- A cute journal of your choice for the mom-to-be. This will help her jot down notes, to-dos, and thoughts during her first days post-pregnancy. Marshalls and Papersource are both great places to find these.
- An object that helps mom and/or dad relax. This gift includes a gel bead eye mask that can be heated or frozen to help soothe any facial strain or headache.
- A coloring kit for the older sibling, to be used while he/she waits until baby number 2 is born. I got this one from Target’s dollar section.
- Assorted clothing items for the newborn. This gift includes a tiny (really tiny!) pair of Gap shoes and pants. You can find the slip-on espadrilles here and the beige poplin joggers here.
- Because there will now be a second baby in the family, one immediately becomes the big brother/sister and the new one will be known as the little brother/sister. To celebrate that, have tees or onesies printed with the words “Big Sister/Brother” and “Little Sister/Brother”. The gift box in this example was created using labels in German: “kleiner Bruder” and “große Schwester” → “Little Brother” and “Big Sister”. Both Zazzle and Printful provide great on-demand printing services, and they offer garments like onesies and playful shirts for babies and kids.
Once you’ve collected the objects, assemble the shipping boxes and organize items classifying them by recipient. Label the boxes with each person’s name. Ship them or deliver them personally.