Souvenirs are special for reasons that have nothing to do with price tags. There’s just so much affection and consideration in stopping, even for a minute or two, to pick up something for friends and family back home. Shopping for souvenirs isn’t about how expensive or exclusive an item is, but about how appreciated your loved ones feel when you make an effort to share a little bit of your trip with them. During my last trip to Amsterdam, I spent some time looking for unique trinkets and inexpensive objects to share with relatives and friends. I created this list in case it’s helpful for your next trip to any city, not just Amsterdam. Most of these are easily replaceable with other local objects you may find in your travels. On to our list!
1. Van Gogh Satchel: € 14.83 from the Van Gogh Museum Store
2. Kaleidoscope: € 4.92 from the Van Gogh Museum Store
3. Ceramic Coasters: € 14.83 from the Van Gogh Museum Store
4. Teal Highlighter Set: € 2 from Flying Tiger Amsterdam
5. Traditional Rosenberg Dutch Stroopwafel Tin Box: € 3.79 from any Albert Heijn (local supermarket)
6. The Monocle Guide to Amsterdam: € 12 from Monocle or most museum bookstores in Amsterdam
7. Bols Genever Mini Mason Jar: € 4 from House of Bols
8. Crochet Vincent Doll: € 24.75 from the Van Gogh Museum Store
9. Ceramic Souvenir Magnet: € 1-2 from flower shops in Bloemenmarkt
10. Old Amsterdam Cheese Wedge: € 4.99 from any Albert Heijn (local supermarket)
As always, I hope these recommendations are useful for your next souvenir search. No matter what you bring back, remember that a little thoughtfulness and generosity goes a long way.